Guitar Dictionary | A-Z

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z | 0-9 | Symbol Dictionary


A guitar effect that alters the tone of the sound. Wah is used via a pedal to allow sudden or fluctuating changes in tone. It gets its name from the sound that can be made by wobbling the pedal back and forth.

Synonymous With: Wah-Wah